Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Danke Schoen: An Ode To The Rich

Danke Schoen: An Ode To The Rich by Miss Megan McArdle
(also posted in the comments at Alicublog, whose commenters are always a source of inspiration--thanks, guys!)

Danke Schoen, 1%, Danke Schoen.
Thank you for all the loot I gain.
The Aspen Institute was the place we'd meet,
First class seat, Atlantic's treat, sure is sweet.

Danke Schoen, Ubermensch, Danke Schoen.
Pay for lies, no need to explain.
I recall, the economy's fall.
How I fluffed your cause, without a pause, ignoring laws.
That's not all.

Danke Schoen, Masters, Danke Schoen.
Thank you for pensions down the drain.
I can see middle class poverty.
Futures inter-twined, for all time, yours and mine, that is fine

Danke Schoen, Elite, Danke Schoen.
Thank you for economic gain.
Imported cars and exclusive bars
My expensive home, stove and fridge in chrome, Danke Schoen.

7 comments:

BillCinSD said...

Fist class seat?

I don't want to know why Megan might like that

Susan of Texas said...

It's a reference to her post about how she always upgrade her airline seat to first class.

Ufotofu9 said...

Hehe! very nice!

There is a typo here though: "Fist class seat, Atlantic's treat, sure is sweet."

I assume you meant "first" class, not "fist" class. Although whenever I think that Megan Mcardle writes for the same magazine that MLK published his "Letter from a Birmingham Jail" I certainly do make a "fist."

Susan of Texas said...

Ha! I missed that despite reading it at least six times. I guess my mind just filled it in for me.

M. Bouffant said...

We need context check, not just spell check.

If Steve Jobs had really been such an incredible producing genius, he would have come up w/ it.

Susan of Texas said...

The slacker!

Ellis Weiner said...

Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett discuss using bankers and Republicans as toppings for OWS pizzas:

http://ellisweiner.com/blog/?p=117