Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Presidential Material

This is definitely one of the sleaziest things I've seen: Herman Cain sent out a hit piece on one of the now-numerous women who accused him of sexual molestation or harassment. At National Review On-line, Katrina Trinko says "The Cain campaign" released personal, legal and economic information about Sharon Bialek, for obvious reasons. Cain is only reinforcing his image of a person who does not follow rules of basic decency and he looks rather stupid as well for releasing this information himself instead of tossing the red meat to the hounds, to tear apart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

After listening to Cain, I think he has the CEO concept of democracy: it comes from the top down, and what he says, goes. Period.

Maybe that's why right-wingers think "government should be run like a business." They love the sting of authoritarianism.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Stay classy, goopers.

P.S. What nonny just said: That sh*t should flow downhill is the only rule of law they believe in.
~

KWillow said...

I daresay if one combed thru Cain's personal history, all sorts of unpleasant little incidents -not including sexual assault & harassment- would pop up.

If only someone would!

fledermaus said...

That said, I am really enjoying Politico try to fight with Cain about whether a relative of one of the accusers works there or not. Cain keeps saying it and they keep denying to no avail. Serves them right

Noni Mausa said...

These right-wing alleged transgressions (and the rabid attacks on the accusers which inevitably follow) merely make me think that, rather than getting "lawyered up," women who even guess they might receive such treatment should strap on audio equipment.

99% of the time the effort would be unnecessary and the recording could be wiped, but the other 1% ... priceless. Very good, very small digital voice recorders that will record for many hours, even at their highest fidelity, are pretty cheap.

See? The Republicans ARE contributing to the economy, getting us to buy all those recorders...

Susan of Texas said...

I've thought the same thing; even if you don't carry a tape recorder around all the time, people who sexually harass usually do it more than once and the second time there could be concrete evidence.