Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Monday, December 21, 2009

Less Tall Megan

Less Self-Aware Megan McArdle: Tee hee, you have a mote in your eye.

(Honestly, is there anything more ridiculous than McArdle criticizing others' poor writing, while ignoring her own endless parade of errors?)

Mentally Absent McArdle: Isn't everything that women of my age, class and pretensions do just fascinating?

More Of A Twit McArdle: Much like my quote of the week and product of the week, I was too, uh, busy to keep up with Twitter. But now you can read my every thought.

7 comments:

Clever Pseudonym said...

If the staff at the NYT were more better like Megan, they'd just recycle the same four or five headlines over and over to avoid these kinds of mistakes.

Downpuppy said...

More ridiculous?

Well, yes.

Doing it by confusing the Observer Effect with the Uncertainty Principle, leaving it up long after the Times fixed their headline, and playing autism for yucks.

The Twitter feed should be comedy gold.

Susan of Texas said...

Some guy named John Borell twits:

@asymmetricinfo My girlfriend loves it when I start a conversation with, "Megan McArdel from the Altantic wrote in her blog today that.." :)

And McArdle twits:

@johnborell What a coincidence! Peter loves it when I start my sentences the same way!

That must be a really fun group.

Clever Pseudonym said...

Uh, what reason would Megan have....oh, never mind. I'll just let the stupid speak for itself.

I've always thought "Twitter" was such a fitting name.

Malaclypse said...

Peter loves it when I start my sentences the same way!

She starts sentences by misspelling her own name? Can't say I'm surprised...

Desert Rat said...

It still astounds me that the Atlantic pays her for this drivel. It's lunacy, of course, but it's not even interesting lunacy.

Clever Pseudonym said...

Lunacy implies a medical condition for which Megan is not to blame. Narcissistic, provincial, pretentious, self-important, over-confident in her abilities, incurious, lazy, and willfully so on all counts. If this weren't the case, she'd make some attempt to improve as her numerous daily errors are pointed out to her. But a lunatic she is not. That's giving her too much credit.