Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Down The Memory Hole

Candy-ass coward Megan McArdle appears to be blocking my latest comments to her most recent post. I say "appears" because after this complaint they might reappear; McArdle is careful to note when one of her commenters accuses her of blocking and responds that she is not. She did not block everything; she left two comments up and now her commentariat are free to attack but I am not able to defend myself.

Now McArdle has posted in comments and my comment is still gone so I know my comment being "held for moderation" was erased.

This is the offending comment:

Avatar

Perhaps victims of rape should report the crime to police and not a college administrator.
The fact that so many of their cherished "victims" have been liars doesn't seem to have fazed those wanting to use college kangaroo courts to punish accused rapists instead of actual courts, where the charge belongs.
 
  • I agree--the schools should have no say in the matter. Report to the police and let the court system do its job.
    But I don't know who wants a university to handle a rape case rather than a court. The problems arose when schools tried to suppress reporting to the police, getting themselves involved in a legal case to make the school look better. If they stayed out the situations would be much cleaner. Schools usually don't like to see their on-campus rape numbers reported.
    As for your accusation that "many" "cherished victims" are liars, I assume you have statistics for that sweeping statement? According to the FBI, "Only about 2% of all rape and related sex charges are determined to be false, the same percentage as for other felonies (FBI)."
    Do you have some secret knowledge the FBI doesn't have?
The commenters go on to tell me that rape belongs in the courts. They'll never know I agree with them.

Too bad for McArdle that she can't block the entire world. It's the only way she'll be able to avoid criticism for her ineptitude and dishonesty.


Thrilling Update!: A comment of mine was published!

No comments: