Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Monday, June 23, 2008

It's hard to be superior.

Am I too moral and good?

I dunno, my mother, who is much better than your mothers and descends from a superior type of monkey with extra shiny tails, taught me how to behave to the lower classes.

But I am always fair, as my diverse group of upper class Manhattan careerist white friends always tell me. Life is complicated, I am often groped in the dark, and who is to say what is right or wrong except the moral relativist lefties?

Blog sisters and brothers, don't be haters. That's so hippy. Be nice like me.

Anger makes me giggle inappropriately. I don't know why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that post read a little bit like "it's so hard being such a vastly superior, infinitely more polite person than the rest of the blogosphere" in tone. "I wish everyone else, who are no where near as smart and kind and gracious as I am, realized that life is complicated and took the time to see both sides the way tolerant, perfect people like me do."

I can't believe how clueless she is as to her stuck up arrogance sometimes.

Susan of Texas said...

People like Megan don't think they're arrogant because they think they're always right. At the same time the arrogance is compensation for feelings of insecurity and self-hatred. The fact that she constantly tries to impress everyone and can't accept criticism shows she's extremely insecure. That goes back to childhood, so despite her protestations to the contrary, she grew up feeling wrong and inferior in some way.

Megan thinks all you have to do is deny something or ignore it and then it won't be real. But the proof's in her behavior. She would not act the way she does unless she were deeply insecure and desperate to hide it.