Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Don't Let This Happen To You

I am coming to the reluctant and more than slightly horrified realization that Megan McArdle might have read Liberal Fascism. And liked it. I know, I know. It's a horrible thing to accuse a stranger of, especially without iron-clad proof. You don't simply throw such accusations around; reputation have been ruined and nations felled over less. But there you are, the suspicion must be voiced so the unwary can know what is ahead of them.

I could be wrong, and if so I deeply apologize to McArdle. I've thrown a lot of criticism her way and she's deserved every word, but there are lengths that even I will not go. No sex jokes, no violence, no heaps of undeserved abuse. And most of all, I would never accuse someone of being so bone-deep stupid, so mind-numbingly moronic, so steeped in class warfare, selfishness, and spite that they would read and approve of Liberal Fascism. But the truth, no matter how ugly and threatening, must out.

Please, I beg of you all. Don't let this happen to you. Don't commit that final act of degredation and despair. Don't be a Jonah Goldberg fan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can recall a post where Megan said she hadn't read LF, didn't plan on reading it, and declared that for these reasons, she was going to refrain from writing about it. Then she wrote 1,000 words about it.

Susan of Texas said...

Heh. I found it and read it. She graciously sayes that fascism is only half liberal.

If she were Solomon she would have split the baby and then wondered what all the crying was about.