Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yummy, Delicious Spite

From the editor of the National Review Online:

palin increases turkey sales [Kathryn Jean Lopez]


An e-mail: "My wife and I have never been that fond of turkey, but with this dust-up we went shopping for a Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey and will thoroughly enjoy every bite."


This couple will actually choke down a food they don't like because it gives them a thrill to spite some anonymous people somewhere who laughed at Sarah Palin, and who will never know what this couple did?

Why don't they demand their teenage daughters get knocked up next? That'll teach the Palin haters!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never found spite to be all that delicious, myself. Bitter and short-lived. At any rate it's always better in contemplation than in reality.

Schadenfreude, on the other hand, has a dark chocolately deliciousness that lasts and lasts. I wonder if this couple is one who had to eat crow in the days after the election?

No wonder they prefer choking down something slightly less fowl.

.

Okay, I should leave that last bit out. But I'm not gonna!

Susan of Texas said...

Yes, schadenfreude is delicious. And as nasty as spite tastes, they seem to like it.

So far the conservatives seem to be taking the loss with relative calm. Maybe the financial turmoil is distracting them.

spencer said...

I don't get it. What does Sarah Palin have to do with turkeys?

Anonymous said...

Spencer,
There was some video of her where a turkey got shot in the background or something. I'm sure if you go to Youtube and search for "Palin turkey" or whatever, you can find it.

But this is just so many kinds of stupid. "I'm going to eat food I hate to spite liberals." OOOO. You really showed us!