Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You Have Mail

Oh. My. Gawd! You won't believe what Megan McArdle said in Algebra today. She was like, Paul Krugman is so gross and stoooopid! and Robert Barro is ten times hotter. I would have said something but the last time I talked to Megan she gave me that "I-shop-at-the-Galleria-and-you-shop-at-Target look and said I "wasn't approved to comment." So I'm all, like, Whatever!, because even though I do think Paul's really smart it's not like he's my BFF and I'm so sick of her snotty attitude. But I got mad because she picks on Paul all the time, ever since he became class treasurer and all she got was runner-up. And all her friends are kissing her ass and saying Paul's a hack and Paul's an asshole and then they forgot about Paul and started slapping each other around, LMAO!

Anyway, I was in English and not listening because who does that! and so I read what Paul and Robert really said and surprise, surprise, Megatron from the planet Ego left out a lot. Her buddy Clive said that Paul and Robert were both hacks (which is pretty funny considering the source) and couldn't we all just get along? He just loves to pretend that he's so impartial and fair and everyone else isn't. God, he's such a fake. And Paul was all, "WTF? What happened to you, dude? I never said that!" And Robert was all, "Dude, you have no idea what you were talking about." And then Clive sez, "Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about but the point is that you weren't FAIR!!1111!!!!Exclamation Point!!." He so needs to get over it. And then Robert and Clive said Paul started it, as if anybody cares. Wankers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another classic, Susan.

Anonymous said...

Not only did her personality and social skills reach final form in high school, so did her writing style, sense of humor, and intellect. No wonder why she's always talking about her high school--she probably never really "got" college or anything after that.

Susan of Texas said...

Thanks, clever pseudonym.

Yes, she's more interested in personalities than ideas. It's strange, all the writers on the Atlantic are that way, and a lot of the people they quote. Arnold Kling, for example, seems to spend more time gossiping than discussing economics.

I guess David Bradley wanted a high-tone pseudo-intellectual gossip rag.

Ken Houghton said...

"Arnold Kling, for example, seems to spend more time gossiping than discussing economics."

Now you understand what economists mean when they talk about "competitive advantage," where rational actors do what they are best at.