Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Such a Nice Man

From Laura Bush's press secretary, via little Danny Drezner:

I wish that more people could have seen the president the way I experienced him.
Even if you don’t agree with him or respect his opinions or his decisions—strip
that away, if you’re able to—he is a caring human being.
I brought my mom to
the White House, to get a tour the day before Thanksgiving. The president came
in and greeted her—it was a total surprise. And on the spot he invited us to go
to Camp David for Thanksgiving. Of course, we went, and it was Disneyland for
adults. We went to chapel services before dinner. I remember we got there early.
A few minutes later the president walks in with Mrs. Bush and the family, and
you could see him looking around, and he sees my mom in the distance, and he
literally shouts at her from across the chapel, “Grace, come sit over here with
me.” And at dinner, again, he sees her, and he says, “Grace, you’re going to sit
over here next to me.” And he tilted the chair against the table so that nobody
would take her place.


That reminds me of something...What could it be?

Hitler Was Nice to His Dogs -- and Maids
From the Daily Mail:
History has condemned him as the megalomaniac who brought death and
misery to millions. But for one woman, the name Adolf Hitler evokes a smile not
a shudder. She is Rosa Mitterer, who worked as a maid for the Fuhrer at his
mountain retreat in Bavaria in the 1930s. Rosa is 91 and until now has kept a
vow of silence about her experiences. She has chosen to break it after realising
she is the last survivor of the circle who served the tyrant in the years before
he launched the Second World War.
nd [sic] her verdict on her former master: 'He
was a charming man, someone who was only ever nice to me, a great boss to work
for. You can say what you like, but he was a good man to us.'
Rosa's
remembrances of life at the court of the tyrant make gripping reading. She saw
leading Nazis come and go. Himmler, the evil party secretary; Bormann, whom she
described as a 'dirty pig'; and the club-footed, sexually-obsessed propaganda
minister Goebbels.
Rosa went into Hitler's service at the age of 15 in 1932
when she was Rosa Krautenbacher. Her sister Anni had worked as a cook at
Hitler's Berchtesgaden retreat since the late 1920s.
'She said he needed a
housemaid and I would fit the bill,' Rosa recalled. 'I remember so clearly the
first day I spoke to him in the kitchen. I said I was Anni's sister and that
made him smile, because Anni was his favourite. I only ever knew Hitler as a
kindly man who was good to me.'
12/08 10:05 AM


Oh yeah, the Hitler-mitigating crap that Jonah Goldberg likes to print because he hopes to drag liberals down by coming comparing them to Hitler. Naturally he is raising up Hitler in consequence, but Goldberg is too greedy and stupid to care. The wannabe dictators will always have craven apologists who are too busy basking in the glow of fame to realize that they're actually enjoying the light and warmth given off by exploding bombs and burning children.

No comments: